Sunday, December 8, 2013

The table

To PIN or not to PIN.....

Pinning is fast becoming a favourite pastime for many Internet users and especially for those of us constantly looking for new ideas to re-use or re-purpose articles....

a Few weeks ago whilst pinning on  PINTEREST, I stumbled upon this clever idea.....



and it immediately became one of my 'pins' and a very high 'must have' on my wish list!

Low and behold, if the eyes and mind are open....you will find!

I stumbled upon a very abused  - read VERY old - sewing machine and table. 
 There was no salvage for the machine....or the table top.....but the legs.....oh those legs!!!!





You know, I must really give Claude credit - he doesn't bat an eye when I come up with 'ideas' or schemes......



In fact, I think he sees the potential of something even before I do....



He said it is only fitting that he used a piece of timber that is at least 130 years old - that is timber from Halls Hall - to put on this vintage stand.  Halls Hall is the old colonial building , circa 1892 , that we bought a few years ago with the intention of rebuilding / re-purpose......

The wood  is oregon pine and the grain is sooo beautiful!!!!





 Look at the transformation !





The legs were sanded and primed and repainted - Claude kept the two colours - Black and Brown.



 and here it is !!!!






This beautiful, re-purposed table was given to me on my birthday - a w e s o m e !!!! 


 I   L O V E   this table !






 from this -
 to this......
 laden with food.....
 One of the best Birthdays.....


Thanx Babe !

No comments:

Post a Comment