Tuesday, November 12, 2013

a basket around the tree....

Today I decided to weave a basket......

a   B I G   basket........

around  the Flamboyant tree........

The mulberries are growing like they are on hormone therapy ....or something......
I had to prune them and decided to use the branches.

The Flamboyant tree is just to the right where Claude is sitting, in front of the cabins.





The mulberries have been growing fast and furious, but no fruit yet....



I stripped the big leaves off the branches  and it reminded me of my younger days when we had silk worms and had to feed them the leaves....



I planted bigger pegs in the ground  around the Flamboyant tree and just started to weave the branches in and out.....




Backbreaking......



I used a lot more branches than I anticipated.....


More and more.....





 As you can see in the foreground, I still need a lot more branches.....I guess I will just  have to continue when the mulberries grow some more......




until next time.....











1 comment: