Thursday, November 30, 2017

horse rescue



So, the drama with SPeedy, one of our horses started early one morning.  Because it is so dry, rains are late this year... I have kept Speedy untied.  He is older now and we did not want him to loose condition...so he is free to roam....
Well, he followed some other horses home one night and did not come home....I searched until dark and continued the next morning....

O boy, was I shocked to find him stuck in the mud - right up to his neck!  and Murphys law -  yes, the skies were dark blue with rain looming.


 

The hole was not easy to reach for a digger , and our good friends Pierre Guyot and his son Rupe were not very hopeful....

 

 

 

 Pierre started to dig , but before he could reach the mud he had to make a ramp of sorts....




It took hours.  But eventually we managed to free a very weak horse from the mud.


 





 Speedy was ravenous and just wanted to eat. I hosed him down and took a looong shower myself.



 
 
The next morning he was very sheepish but recovered well despite his ordeal.


 



 and my horse is still gone.  The stallion got stolen end July and there is not a week that goes by that we don't actively look for him....one of these searches took me to a beautiful island, Waya, but more about that in another blog post....






No comments:

Post a Comment