Tuesday, August 20, 2013

July and August - our driest months.



                              It is our dry season. 
                
           July/ August have on average only 52mm rain each.  We feel it.

I am trying my best to keep up with the watering, but will remember next year not to plant during these months! 

Maybe because the shrubs are under stress, the flower display is wonderful. 

My brand new yellow hibiscus cutting is flowering for the first time.  Think you can see that the cutting has only 2 leaves, but it is already flowering!






This pink hibiscus is gorgeous! 


James and his team have been busy bees and our cottages are coming along just fine.






Some more beautiful flowers in our garden.....








Some more building pics....





I made a  BIG note in my diary for next year.... Do NOT plant during the dry season!



But - on the bright side , less rain means fewer mosquitoes.



Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment